We’re looking for guest authors for our blog.
Ideally we’re looking for the following types of posts:
- Writeups, reviews and people’s experiences of tech events in the South Wales area
- Advice on running events, meetups, etc. from those who have been-there-and-done-it
- A whole bunch of other stuff we probably haven’t even considered yet! Got any ideas? Let us know!
However you also have to fit this criteria: you must be South Wales-based. We want content by South Wales-based people for South Wales-based people. We appreciate that a post on marketing your meetup (for example) can be universal, but we’ll only accept it if you’re South Wales-based.
Other rules and guidelines:
- When you first get in touch, please pass on some examples of content you’ve written: e.g. your own blog, other guest posts you’ve had published, etc.
- We’re looking for guest posts with a word count of at least 400 words. We can be flexible depending on the topic (e.g. if it’s a post that’s mostly images/photos), but this is our target for each post ideally.
- Any content that’s contributed has to be 100% unique and cannot have been used (online or offline) previously. We’ll be checking using anti-plagiarism tools.
- Posts cannot be self-promotional in nature – obviously you’ll get a link to your website/blog and social channels (if applicable), and you can promote yourself in your author bio, but we don’t want posts to be too sales-y or heavily pushing a product/service.
- Posts intended only solely for SEO/’linking back’ purposes are strictly not allowed.
If you’re interested and fit the criteria above then please contact us. If you fit the criteria then we’ll be in touch in 1-2 weeks to discuss further.
Thanks for reading!